Monday, February 21, 2011

Author Study


Our Star Author for February 
Robert Munsch

Many of our reading and writing projects this week will be inspired by this classroom read aloud!

Andrew's Loose Tooth
Robert Munsch will read the story to your class!


Check out the new changes to the Author's Website!
I can't wait to use it on the SMART board!

Here's a simple pdf to get you started!
(Click on the picture above.)

Students will make connections to self, to text, and to the real world during this study.  



We will also begin our own Digital Storytelling Projects this week.


Our Author Studies Units This Year
September:  Norman Bridwell
October:  Mercer Mayer
November:  Tomie dePaola
December:  Jan Brett
January:  Jan Brett (continued)
February:  Robert Munsch
March:  Dr. Seuss
April: Arnold Lobel 
May:  Eric Carle
June:  Steve Jenkins

We also include several "mini" author study units throughout the year as we go!

Here are just a few we've enjoyed!
Erza Jack Keats
Eileen Christelow
Shirley Neitzel
Ed Emerberly
Lois Elhert


Please stop back to find out where this month's author study leads us!


Happy Reading!






5 comments:

  1. I just email a resource I used for Robert Munsch. I mentioned in my email that I am working on pulling together a second resource. I love Robert Munsch and the kids do too. I am excited to see what you do!!!

    Cheryl from Mrs Saouds Class

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thank you, thank you! You are so kind! My kids were waiting to read another Munsch book today, but we had to get through our light unit and our president's day study! (We read Zoom! today!!) I am so thrilled you sent me something new! I'll check my email in a minute! I have so many ideas for our author study this month, but I am running out of time!! Guess it'll be a busy week for my group! :-)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat! The Digital Storytelling project sounds like something I would love to do. I hope you share it with us so I can see how its done. I've never done that! I would love to learn more about it and how to create it. By the way, your blog is amazing! :)

    www.theteachingbug.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Michelle,
    I give you the Stylish Blog Award. I think you're terrific. Thanks for the inspiration.
    Claire
    www.firstgradesmarties.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to Claire, Chantelle, and Mrs. Saoud for being so sweet! Your comments inspire me. I am hoping to share more about our Munsch studies soon. It's been a busy week, but...then again, every week is busy! Please stop back for an update!

    ReplyDelete

Don't forget your note!